We are actively pursuing investments for Arboretum Ventures IV, a $220 million fund focused in the areas of medical devices, diagnostics, healthcare IT, and healthcare services. The criteria we use regarding stage, size of investment, and area of focus within healthcare are somewhat flexible. We like working with CEOs who have experience and domain expertise, but who also listen and are looking for a partner rather than just a source of capital. In general, we aim to invest $10-15 million, usually through multiple financing rounds.
Specifically, we seek companies that:
• Require less than $30-40 million to achieve an exit
• Have launched commercially or are within 2 years of commercialization
• Address “uncrowded” markets
• Demonstrate meaningful healthcare cost savings (20% or more)
• Reside in “under-ventured” geographies
Please visit the Case Studies tab for examples of companies that fit our investment profile.